Sunday, September 12, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I'm making the transition to fall weather food this week.

Let's just pretend that the temps aren't close to 100*. Let's also pretend that we are wearing long sleeves, drinking hot tea instead of iced tea, and that the A/C has been turned off.

Let's pretend.

Now that we have sufficiently brainwashed ourselves, this week we will be enjoying...

Sunday: skillet lasagna, spinach salad

Monday: slow-cooker Italian chicken, brown rice, green beans, chard

Tuesday: sloppy joes, oven potatoes, tomato-cucumber salad

Wednesday: chicken & dumplings

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven potatoes, tomato salad

Saturday: out with The Mr.

By the time you read this I will have made the skillet lasagna. Needless to say, I will be giving it center stage later in the week. It was goood.

The Mr. will be out of town Tuesday, so I asked The Boy to choose something tasty, quick, and easy for dinner that night. His choice: sloppy joes. I like how his mind works.

In addition to the sloppy joes, he is looking forward to sleeping in our bed. Whenever Daddy travels, he knows that he gets to sleep on the other side of the bed so he can "look out for me". The Girl is old enough that she wants in on the action as well.

I predict being fatigued on Wednesday. The Offspring are very active sleepers, meaning they kick the crap out of those slumbering next to them, which in this case, will be me. It's OK. I know these days are fleeting. Fast. I'll take what I can get, when I can get it.

I've been so hungry for chicken & dumplings. Seeing as how I play the chef, it's stupid for me to feel deprived. Wednesday night is mine.

The grandparents are keeping The Offspring this weekend. We have big plans that don't involve me cooking. Details coming soon.

Last but not least, I did some baking tonight. I think I'll be baking the same thing again later this week. There is no way it will last past Wednesday. I'll share the specs really soon.

I saw Halloween costumes in the stores this weekend. Can you believe October is upon us?